Sunday, May 25, 2008

how to make fancy crochet hooks - do it right the first time

I find myself staring on the crochet handbags displayed in a store's marquee and these bags are just fabulous that I can't really decide if I were to buy one. And not only is it a hobby that you can have fun with and use your imagination but you can really be industrial with it.

Fortunately I was experienced enough to make it work. And while most families do not pass along the art of crochet much anymore, there is still merit in this peaceful, beautiful activity. There is no specific requirements for choosing a hook, but depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet will be a consideration.

Crochet charts and symbols can help clarify written instructions. When using a substitute yarn make sure the length is the same as the one suggested in the pattern. A chain of loops is created, with each new loop catching the thread and pulling it through the previous loop.

Then you bring the yarn free-flowing behind the hook to the front and grab it with the hook. For a beginner, you will want to stay away from using the fuzzy and fur yarns. I envisioned super trendy afghans and throws adorning my dorm room and great gifts to impress my fianc 's parents.

You just never know what works of art are hiding in your fingertips! Learn to crochet and you ll discover a passion that you ll have for a lifetime.

how to crochet - - stick to the fundamentals. how to crochet a rose with a lot of peddle instructions - ground rules. how to do a bullion crochet stitch - the nuts and bolts.

No comments: